If you’re a modern day realtor and you’re not active, engaging, and networking online, then you’re missing out. A study showed that 92% of buyers use the internet to begin their house hunting quest, driving home the vital need for real estate agents to have an active online presence.
Here are some tips you can use to boost your social media presence. Marketing isn’t just one step. You have to do several things to create and standardize your own branding.
- Use YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram live to do home tours and Q&A sessions. Your client’s time is precious, and they want to understand as much as possible about a property prior to visiting in person. Virtual tours are a great way to give a comprehensive, accurate preview of the property for potential buyers.
- Hire a photographer or videographer. It’s absolutely vital that you have gorgeous photos of your properties. This is one of those scenarios when it pays to bring in the professionals.
- Use the right hashtags in your posts. There are three types of hashtags you can use altogether. The LOCAL, the TOPICAL, and the BROAD hashtags.
- Add local contents to your website. In many ways, you’re not just selling a house, you’re selling a whole town or area. Showcase the best that your area has to offer, with high-quality, beautiful photos of local town landmarks and familiar sites.
- Do your Search Engine Optimization. A great-looking website does nothing for you if no one can find it! SEO is a set of practices that work together to get your site to rank high in search engines.
- Create newsletters. Send out a helpful newsletter with new listings, upcoming seminars you’re offering, local events, tips, and more.
- Ask for testimonials from former clients. Testimonials are tremendous trust signals. Showing that real, live people endorse your services means the world to potential clients.