Welland is located in the heart of the Niagara region. It’s within half an hour of driving time to Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Port Colborne, and St. Catharines. Welland is known as “the place where rails and water meet,” since the railway from Buffalo to Toronto, the Welland Canal, and the Welland River all played an important role in the city’s development.
Places to Visit
Welland’s shipping history means that there are tons to see and do in the area. These activities include:
- Catch some boating action at the Welland International Flatwater Centre
- Hiking, biking, or just taking in the view on the Canal Trail
- Visiting beautiful Merrit Island, nestled between the canal and the river
- Eating and drinking the area’s famed wine at restaurants like Taris On The Water
- Getting coffee (and more!) at local roastery The Black Sheep Lounge
- Play a few holes at local golf courses like Pelham Hills or Cardinal Lakes
Eastdale’s numerous parks and historic cemeteries make it a great neighborhood to explore and enjoy. It’s home to great schools, including French language primary, middle, and high schools. Eastdale residents also enjoy great views of the canal, which forms the neighbourhood’s eastern boundary.
Niagara College is ranked as the best neighbourhood in Welland. It is home to Niagara College’s Welland Campus and has many great local schools for primary and secondary education nearby. There are diverse housing options in several charming architectural styles throughout this historic neighborhood.
With its mix of lovely vintage homes and charming new developments, Woodlawn is a great place to rent or buy a home. Woodlawn is close to the canal, and just across the water from the Youngs Sportsplex, a top recreational facility featuring an indoor driving range, tennis, and a neighbourhood soccer club.
What Makes Welland, ON Special?
Lots of people think that Welland is the perfect place to call home. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Lots of amenities
- Extremely safe
- Excellent 75% livability score on Area Vibes
- The great local food scene
- Many school options, including French language schools
- Beautiful natural setting
Real Estate Agent in Welland, ON
Welland is a beautiful city in the Niagara region. It’s charming downtown, attractive neighbourhoods, and beautiful canal and river views make it a great place to live. Whether you are looking to buy or sell a home in Welland, The Scarlett Real Estate Group is here to help with our real estate services. Born and raised here in the Niagara area, we bring a wealth of experience in the area to help every real estate client meet their Welland real estate or other Canadian real estate needs. You can always count on our dedicated team for our quality of services.
Learn more today by contacting us!